Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drunk and Dirty with the Q-Babe

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ok, i thought this would get your attention. . ..[p]did up a drunk and dirty tenderloin butt last night. .. .special thanks to the qbabe for posting and providing me the recipe. . .it was FANTASTIC.. .[p]made a minor change to the recipe . . .for the marinade i put in about one teaspoon of dizzy cowlick. . .and per qbabe's advice, i saved the black pepper and white pepper until sear time and spread that on the meat after pulling it out of the marinade. . .i seared in my cast iron skillet in the egg at 750+ for about 2 minutes per side. .let it rest for about 10 - 15 minutes, then put in my small set up direct at 275 -300. . .it took about one hour to hit 130 internal. . .reduced the marinade on the stove to about half, and drizzled some on the sliced meat. .. served with a baked potato and salad. .. [p]if you like meat with black pepper. .. it is a great recipe. . the soy sauce (and i used the 'lite') gives a fairly salty flavor as well. . .it is a terrific combination. . [p]thanks again tonia. . ..

Comments