Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Day .... egg is here!!!!

Options
SouthernMan
SouthernMan Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been looking at, thinking about, and doing research on a BGE and, yesterday, I jumped! My BGE arrived at 12:45 today and by 1:30 had a rack of ribs cooking. I know I overcooked them (250 degrees for about 2-1/2 hours) but, goodness gracious, they were good (burp!).[p]It is really good to be on board. Now, on to building the table.[p]

Comments

• Memphis
    Memphis Posts: 144
    Options
    SouthernMan, Go forth and BBQ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Vegas Slim
    Options
    Memphis,
    welcome aboard and as for the ribs i do the 3/1/1 method so if you overcook yours i must nuke mine!

• Mike in MN
    Options
    SouthernMan,
    I don't think you overcooked them at all. In fact, they probably should have gone a couple of more hours.[p]Find out about the 3-1-1 method, and go with it. It works! [p]I did 2 racks of ribs a couple of nights ago, and I used the 3-1-1 method, but I started a little slower, and then used a temp of 275 (indirect) Mine were just a bit overdone, but I wasn't paying attention during the last 1/2 hour like I should have been.[p]Mike in MN

• WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    SouthernMan,
    Welcome to the club! You made a wise choice and I like your enthusiasm. [p]If you haven't already, I would suggest you test your dome temp. guage. You may need to adjust it. I needed to on mine.[p]Ribs at a normal 250 degree dome temp usually take longer than 2.5 hours on the egg, at least for me. I like them where they pull off the bone cleanly but not "fall off the bone".[p]By the way...what part of the South are you from, SouthernMan?

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,
    CULT not club for heavens sake we are a cult!