Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I got the blues....

Options
Hitch
Hitch Posts: 402
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had a rough day yesterday...absolutely destroyed my left ankle playing soccer. Ripped 2 main ligaments on the outside, and my doc at MCG wants me to get an Xray. I have iced/rested/compressed repeated since doing it last night. I have a great Arizona brace (I'm not new to lower leg injuries) that allows me to at least get up and move around without any potential left or right movement. I am pretty sure it ain't broke since I can put at least the slightest bit of pressure on it, but I don't recommend doing this to anyone's leg.

I am, however, stoked about the fact that instead of golf or soccer over the next 4-6 monts, I will be able to cook after work most nights. When life gives you lemons....cook em on the Egg.

I've got "the blues", cause my wife wanted blue cheese burgers for dinner. I usually do whatever she wants anyway, but I NEVER say no to blue cheese burgers. So...80/20 Ground Chuck was on tap!

Made some smaller ones for the boys, and a 1/2 pounder for her. Mine was .92 lbs. :laugh: The buns were the nice ones in the Publix bakery. They are very big and you can get a sense of how big my burger is in the last plated pic.

Kids had Tater Tots with their burgers, and we all had mixed fruit....since I'm on a diet. :woohoo:
Oh, I usually throw my burger in one of my cast iron skillets with lots of cracked peppercorns pressed into the burger. Goes great with a mound of blue cheese crumbles and topped with my absolute favorite BBQ sauce. For about 10 minutes around the table, I forgot just how much my leg hurts.

burgers.jpg

bluecheeseburgers.jpg

platedburger.jpg

Comments