Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last two meals - Pulled Pork & Spatchcock

Maynard
Maynard Posts: 55
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did a pulled pork Wednesday to Thursday - took 16 hours for a 10 lb. shoulder at 250. Turned out spectacular. (Did some slaw for the sandwiches. (no egg involved here)

Yesterday was spatchcock chicken. 350 deg. indirect until breast was 175, then direct to crisp up the skin. Yummy, and better than beer but of sittin chicken.

51jaaw

c6ehm9

6k4znq

8uefev

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    All looks delicious!

How much time for the squash?

Thanks
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    That's some mighty fine lookng pullled pork. Mines in the coller waiting to be pulled - hope it's as mosit looking as your.

Gotta luv chicken on the egg....period.
  • Maynard
    Maynard Posts: 55
    I added the squash at the last... probably 10 minutes indirect, then 2-4 more on direct. It was good, but a bit smokey, like the last time. I'm doing it in a ceramic baking dish next time with some marinara sauce on the bottom and top.

Bill - enjoy it! It's been nice here in VA the past couple of days.... hopefully you're getting the same cool weather I am. (King George County... a.k.a. the boonies)