Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork butts are on!

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did some Bad Byron's Butt Rub on one, JH Pecan Rub on the other, with turbinado sugar on both. Pit setup for 250° pit/ 190° food on the DigiQ. The last of the JL special woods from Arkansas, plus two big old chunks of hickory for smoke.

I really can't wait for the weather to get cooler, because it's been waaaaaaay too hot to be trying to cook out there this summer. Really bummed about that, but I know that the cold weather is not too far :)

IMG_0730.jpg

Cheers!

Comments

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Hey Mike,

Good luck with your cook. I put on 15# of butt last night at 8PM and they're just breaking thru plateau. Pics to follow.

Looking to smoke some jerky later in the day.
  • ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Options
    Bad byrons butt rub has become our favorite lately on pulled pork. Looks like your in for a great meal.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    good eats at your house later.. jl's akansas mystery wood and hickory is my favorite smoke, chicken beef or pork.,, great combination and the AMW puts a great color on chicken.
    enjoy
    bill
    and i am begging you... please no more talk of leroy in a bikini :laugh:
  • smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    Options
    Looks great! I love BBBR. I have gotten to where I cake on as much as I can make stick before putting it on.

Speaking of cooler weather, this will be my first football season as an egghead. I can't wait for egged bbq and college football!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Mike, be careeful when checking the temp after 10 hours or so as some bark will jump right up and grab your fork. :laugh: :woohoo: :lol: It happened to me (again) this morning.