Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What a great day for Egging!!!!

Options
mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow a day off and it is not raining!!!What better then to take advantage of the nice weather.Started the morning cooking my F.I.L a steak,then baked a raspberry crisp with fresh raspberries picked by us earlier in the week.

DSC03229.jpg
DSC03230.jpg
DSC03231.jpg
DSC03228.jpg

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I meant to mention Mike - I did some shrimp with the crabby dirt and some burgers with the original dirt the past couple days.

Really good stuff without all the salt. I like it. Thanks again.

I think tonight I am doing shrimp with the bayou dirt.....
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    tonight i am doing baby backs with bayou then sauced with carnivore sweet!
    wait t'ill i post what i made for lunch today! i made hangers with original dirt but then decided to turn it into a philly steak crepe!! WOW a must do and a real keeper!!

DSC03244.jpg
  • Double Bogey
    Double Bogey Posts: 635
    Options
    Nice Mike. The steak looks great but the raspberry crisp looks out of this world.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    well there is no left overs!! great tasting with that hit of egg cooking to it!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I've already seen your lunch photos....just not on this site.

Send me some energy!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Mike,

Looking good buddy! Got to agree with Rod on the dirt. Just excellent. Did you get a delivery?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Nice Mike, care to share how you managed to get a day off?
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    no delivery yet???? wondering were the hell it went? who did you use for a carrier?

the dirt is by far my favorite or go to rub!! way less salt but yet it packs allot of flavor!
    wait t
    ill you see what i made for lunch,also making baby backs with the bayou dirt for supper will also sauce them with todd's sweet sauce
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    LOL pretty easy when you are the boss!! and it is vacation time so store is not overly busy! :P
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Mike,

It was Purolator ground...we're tracking it now.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mikeb6109
    Options
    let me know what you find out
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Great looking meals...Glad you got some good weather.

I ordered some of the Todd's Dirt spice after seeing one of your posts a few days ago.

The Bayou is still not sold on the net.
    The other two were good but the most expensive per ounce that I have ever purchased. Almost double the cost of Dizzy Pig but I can't say it's any better than many lesser expensive rubs. Do you really think it's that good? Might be cheaper in larger bottles but the web site only sold two of the smaller sizes.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    send him a note and he will make bigger jars for you.and yes i love his rubs! they are good on anything and so much less salt then other rubs out there but still has lots of flavor! the bayou is not on the net but if you ask he will probably send it to you.it is the only rub i use and i sent some to others and they all agree!!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I did ask for the Bayou and even called to let him know I placed order. This was the spice I really wanted.
    He sent me an email after my order arrived at my house telling me to look for it in the future but not for sale at this point. $6.99 for about 4oz is a killer.
    I think this stuff falls into the same price range as many drugs. LOL
    Making wings this weekend, try the Dirt again.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas