Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WITC Chicken and Tax Burgers

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just finished off the "Whatever's in the Cabinet" Chicken and "Chunk O' Cheddar" Tax Burgers. Chicken had a very nice texture, was perfectly white with beautiful grill marks, and some spicey flavor. I think I used a couple more shakes of cayenne than I thought. Could have been a tad more juicy, though it was pretty juicy, if we'd taken it off 5 minutes sooner. All in all, pretty scrumptious.[p]Bergers came out awesome. ST brought these awesome large buns and I think he snuck in some extra spices into the ground beef when I wasn't looking. Very flavorful and a nice surprise came about as we got into the middle of the burger when cheese started spurting out.[p]To top everything off, we had some side "Cornfed's 3am Tater Salad." This is a version of Julia and Jacques America Potato Salad that is made at 3am when Cornfed comes home from the bar on Friday night. What makes it more like WITC Chicken is that I didn't quite have all of the necessary ingredients and it was 3am so I was forced to improvise a bit. All in all, a good salad nonetheless.[p]Heeeeeeeeeeeee,
Cornfed

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Cornfed,
    yeeeep, we sure ate like Kings...like we always do with green ol' humpty!
    We cooked those 3 chicken breasts just about 340 for about 50 minutes(if we would have done them for 40 miutes they would have been alot more juicer)...with NO wood...just the maple wood lump alone that i purchased fairly recently)..stil came out with a decent smokey flavor.
    We took the breasts off..Cornfed cut them up as finger food as we prepared humptey for the tax burgers he just posted about.
    We got the temp up to about 600(as we were savoring the chicken we just Egged..with a little beer, of course)
    We then put our individualy prepared patties on each side for 3 minutes, then close all vents for 4 minutes...we then were in the heaven Cornfed previously posted about.
    In a few minutes from now we will be sampling EGGFEST 200 STOUT!!!!!!!!
    HEEEEEEEEEE!
    ST