Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tonight's cook

otisdogotisdog Posts: 187
edited 1:09AM in EggHead Forum
Wild sockeye (wife scored 3 lbs today) and oysters.

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

Turned out pretty good with mango salad on the side

Comments

• BigMike808BigMike808 Posts: 62
    Great looking dinner!
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Get those oysters off that egg! I love em raw, just like my steak :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Wild salmon is such a treat. Hope it tasted as good as it looks.

Doug
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    WOW!LUV me some grilled oysters.Sweet lookin cook! ;)
  • mojomojo Posts: 220
    Looks like you prepared the salmon ala DP Raging River & maple syrup, yes? I tried it once and it was heavenly. I was a bit nervous about putting the syrup/butter mixture on the Egg, thought it might boil over, so I used the stove for that. How did it work out for you?
  • mojomojo Posts: 220
    Whoops, double post :pinch:
  • Seattle ToddSeattle Todd Posts: 227
    Gotta agree with Rolling Egg. Grilling good oysters is a travesty IMO.

But OtisDog darned if you didn't get that steak done just right for my taste! :) Best looking steak I've seen in the forum in a while!
  • otisdogotisdog Posts: 187
    You got it. DP ragin river with maple syrup with butter. I've been doin it on the egg like that a few times now. Works fine
    We like them raw too, but decided to try something different. I think I pulled them too soon so they were probably a little raw anyway. Tasted good though.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Dont listem to them. Cooked Oysters are great. I like them steamed. How long and at what temp on the egg?
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Dont listem to them. Cooked Oysters are great. I like them steamed. How long and at what temp on the egg?
    Actually my first time to try them on the egg. 400 till the salmon was ready. I really don't know how long it was. I think I pulled them too soon though. According to an old post I found they are supposed to open like mussels. I didn't wait that long.
    thanks
    It was great
    thanks
    Thanks Hoss
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    LUV Oysters!Any way they can be prepared!!! :whistle: :woohoo: Sorta like BubbaGump!!! B) B)
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Love those oysters and the rest looks good!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    That looks fabulous! We love salmon on the BGE-I am going to try the cedar paper this weekend....