Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Teriyaki Steak & Shrimp

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
TS_041500_181602.jpg
<p />Thanks Hank (Hanker'n2Grill) - the Teriyaki Steak was EGGsellant! The shrimp wasn't bad either. If you haven’t already, you should post the marinate recipe. It seemed to work equally as well on the shrimp as it did on the steak. [p]A real winner![p]
[ul][li]Teriyaki Steak & Shrimp [/ul]

Comments

• Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Gfw,
    Keep those pics coming. It looks that meat met its match, Gfw & Bge. Excelllllent!

• RLA
    RLA Posts: 89
    Gfw,
    I am going to try that steak and marinade immediately.
    But I am going to marinate the steak using the Food Saver vacuum machine. Ive always wanted to see if marinating in this way is superior to other methods.
    Bob

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Gfw,[p]Looks good. You never mention what cut of meat that was - "steak" is too ambiguous, is it sirloin?[p]I like the marinate recipe too - I just printed it out to hand to the kitchen commander. [p]Have you checked your server space lately? Mine is getting like BGE's, albeit only about a tenth of their size. After Eggfest2000 I may hit 50megs. [p]Tim
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Tim M, it was a sirloin steak that was a little over 1 inch thick - I had it on the link but forgot to put it in the post. The marinate was great. Today's special is a pork tenderloin marinating in a Moorish sauce that was really designed for kabobs.[p]Server space - I'm lucky, I run my own Internet server (just upgraded to Win 2000 Server) in my office at home and my disk space is virtually unlimited. I have 2 twin P-III compuers, both with 14 GB hard drives and then linked to a raid box that can hold another 3 GB of swappable drives - lots of toys![p][p]

• Gfw,[p]I'm glad you liked the recipe.[p]Twin P-III's. Golly! Gulp! Geez!
  • Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    RLA,
    Let me know how your food saver works for the marnade. Do you have a Tilla? What model? I've been thinking of getting one, but have not sprung yet. I have a hand pump that works really well on glass jars but is a hassle to make work with bags.
    Nu-Guy

• RLA
    RLA Posts: 89
    Nu-Guy,
    Check your email.
    Bob