Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Pinto Beans and Ham on Rice (Pic Heavy)

TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
edited 9:23AM in EggHead Forum
Trying to decide which DO to use.

Zach's Pinto Bean Seasoning

Ready to bring in

Pretty hands but they're not mine

On the table

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Lookin good there Ray,but don't be so hard on yourself,I'm sure that you have pretty hands also :silly: :laugh: :laugh: :P :ohmy:
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,495

I love rice and beans, beans and rice, rice and peas. They look really good. Just picked up a couple of heavily smoked hocks from a Croatian butcher/smokehouse and have to give that a try. BTW love your nail colour. (sorry they did that to me)

Caledon, ON

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Wow,SWEET!!! :)
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Looks tasty!

Did you cook with the DO lid on or off?
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,495

Better coming from me that somebody nasty :)
    I don't have a lot of experience with beans, do you think the smoked hocks would do?

Caledon, ON

I did both, Bill. I left it off in the beginning and before the rain started, I put the lid on. Later I had it off again for a bit. I just asked my wife if she could taste any smoke in the beans or ham and she told me no.

Hocks would do fine. The only thing I can see is they don't have a lot of meat on them. This ham bone I used had plenty of meat.

Good luck and let us know.
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,494
    Hi Ray,
    Those beans look delicious. I did a pot roast on Monday with Zach's pot roast was really good. I'll try your beans next.

Hope all is well with you two.

Hey Judy, now that you guys are home, I'll see if in the next year or two I can get that cornbread recipe to you guys. Susie gave me the changes some time back and then I just neglected to send it. Then you guys were leaving, so I decided to wait till your return.
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Looking good, but man you need some Mexican cornbread to go with that dinner.... :laugh: :laugh: