Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Romaine Lettuce Results

otisdogotisdog Posts: 187
edited 9:13PM in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Richard, Ross, JB and FG. I tried the lettuce and it was great.

IMG_3862.jpg

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Nice taste in beers too.

I've made the romaine a few times, I'm not much of a fan, but once in a while I get a hankerin for it.
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,791
    Looks good otis!
  • Ex-GasmanEx-Gasman Posts: 287
    I don't get it. Grilled lettuce. Which BBQ sauce do you use. B)
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i love that stuff also i wish my family loved it more :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• JBJB Posts: 510
    I knew you would like it Otis. I did not think I would but had to try it myself. We used to eat 2-3 Caesar salads/ week with Romaine. Grilling it brings a whole new dimension of flavor and actually for me is easier than making a cold salad. :P

Oh, and nice beer choice by the way. That's what I typically have on hand.
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Some salt,pepper and EVOO and your all set. Nice finnal plating to I might add! ;) You do shrimp on Egg as well?
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 7,199
    Good job Otis

Ross
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    we do it with Italian dressing and then grated parm :)
  • otisdogotisdog Posts: 187
    Thanks and yes the shrimp was on the egg. Tsunami Spin with Remolaude on the side for the lettuce and the shrimp.
  • HoosierHoosier Posts: 107
    I've been doing grilled romaine after pulling steaks off for a while. At first I was serving it whole (as in the picture posted above) My wife said it was OK but didn't love it. Then I started chopping it up, throwing in some cuccumber and fresh grated parm. MUCH better feedback from my wife and anyone else who has tasted it.
  • CamanoCamano Posts: 134
    I cut it into 2 pieces and grill, family loves it