Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carraba's Chicken Bryan

Options
Chappy
Chappy Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I decided to try to make Carraba's Chicken Bryan. If you guys haven't had it, it is really good. It is a white wine, lemon, butter sauce, with fresh basil and sundried tomatoes. Goat cheese on the chicken.

This recipe tasted exactly like it.

The pics didn't turn out the greatest, but here you go.
DSC01392.jpg
DSC01393.jpg

The first time, I did the chicken direct on the large. I just got my small, so I did it indirect on the small. Came out great again.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Their Bryan sauce is good on anything. You going to the 21-21 Aug party in Indialantic?
  • Chappy
    Options
    I'm working on it. My wife doesn't quite understand what would be going on. She said, "are you going to just talk about egg stuff?" She was kind of kidding. She encouraged me to get the small, so she likes the egg stuff, but thinks I'm kind of silly for being on the forum everyday. If there is a pool there, she and my son will be fine.
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Not only is there a pool, but a BIG Ocean also on the east side. Love that Carrabas.

Vodka, Martini, Pomegranate, Carrabba's

INGREDIENTS:
    2 Ozs. Vodka, Peach, Absolute
    2 Ozs. Orange Juice, Fresh
    3/4 Oz. Pomegranate Mix, MONIN, Clearwater, FL
    Splash Sprite

Procedure:
    1 Mix and shake over cubes of ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Beverage

Recipe Source
    Source: Carrabbas, Melbourne, Florida, 2006/12/22
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    U go Chappy!That looks DELISH! ;)
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Options
    Chappy,
    I have not had the chicken, but we love the filet. I will have to give it a try. Yummy looking pics!
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Options
    I like the grilled shrimp & scallops in the lemon butter sauce. Anyone know this recpie?
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Options
    It seems that the lemon butter sauce is the common thread. Perhaps Chappy would share?
  • eggfan
    eggfan Posts: 73
    Options
    That is sure gonna save me a trip to mobile, al
  • Chappy
    Options
    Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
    ***Chicken***
    6 large chicken breasts
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    8 ounces goat cheese, softened to room temperature
    ***Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce***
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
    1 tablespoon finely chopped yellow onion
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
    10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
    1 1/2 cup finely sliced sun-dried tomatoes
    1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon white pepper

Directions:
    Prepare the Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce: Place butter, garlic, and onion in a large skillet over medium heat and saut� until garlic
    and onion are tender and transparent. Add white wine and lemon juice. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer to reduce
    by half. Reduce heat to low. Add cold butter one piece at a time. Add sun-dried tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper and stir to
    blend ingredients. Set aside.
    Prepare the Chicken: Reduce charcoal briquettes to white-hot coals. Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
    and pepper. Grill chicken over hot coals 15 - 20 minutes or until cooked through. Divide goat cheese evenly between chicken
    breasts, placing some on each breast for the last two minutes of cooking. Place cooked chicken on serving platter and spoon
    Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce over chicken.
  • Chappy
    Options
    The only thing I did different was use less sun dried tomatoes, more onions, and less salt.

The goat cheese is key. I'm not a cheese aficionado, but the softness and creaminess of the cheese is great.

Now if I can just find their marsala sauce recipe, I will be in heaven.
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Wash this down with the pomegranite martinis.

Veal is great with this sauce.

Chicken, Breasts, Marsala. Carrabba's

INGREDIENTS:
    Marsala Sauce
    1/3 cup butter
    1 slice prosciutto, diced
    2 tsp minced shallots
    2 tsp minced garlic
    2 4 Ozs Cans Mushrooms, drained
    1/4 cup lombardo dry marsala wine
    1 cup chicken stock
    2 tsp cornstarch
    1 tsp minced fresh parsley
    2 Tbs heavy cream
    Chicken Spice
    1 1/4 tsp salt
    1 tsp ground black pepper
    1/2 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp dried thyme
    1/2 tsp dried parsley
    1/4 tsp marjoram
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    4 chicken breasts
    olive oil

Procedure:
    1 Melt butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Turn heat up to medium high to sauté the prosciutto in the melted butter for about 2 to 3 minutes; be careful not to burn butter, add shallots and garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add marsala wine, simmer for another 30 seconds or so, then add mushrooms and black pepper. Simmer over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
    2 Dissolve corn starch in chicken stock. Add stock to saucepan and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Add parsley and cream to the sauce and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat, cover until needed.
    3 Preheat barbecue grill on high heat. Combine ingredients for the chicken spice in a small bowl. Use your thumb and fingers to crush the spices in the bowl to make a finer blend.
    4 Brush each chicken breast generously with olive oil. Sprinkle spice blend over both sides of chicken breast and grill for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until done. Give chicken a one quarter turn on each side while cooking to make the criss cross grill marks.
    5 Serve entree by arranging each chicken breast on a plate. Spoon one quarter of the marsala sauce over each serving of chicken and serve

Servings: 4

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Poultry

Recipe Source
    Source: Recipezaar, 2009/07/22
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Does this help?
    My favorite recipe is still the pomegranite martini. It goes with everything on their menu!
    Sauce, Lemon Butter, Carrabba's

Great on chicken or fish

INGREDIENTS:
    2 Tbs clarified butter (you'll need about 1/2 stick of butter; directions follow)
    2 Tbs finely chopped yellow onions
    2 Tbs finely chopped garlic
    4 Tbs fresh lemon juice
    2 Tbs dry white wine
    salt
    pepper
    2 Tbs cold butter

Procedure;
    1 To clarify butter; Melt 1/2 stick of butter over low heat. When melted, remove from heat and set aside for several minutes to allow the milk solids to settle to the bottom. Skim the clear (clarified) butter from the top, and discard sediment. (This can be done ahead of time).
    2 To make the sauce: Heat clarified butter, add onion and garlic, and saute until transparent. Add lemon juice and white wine, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer 2-3 minutes to reduce liquid. Remove from heat and swirl in cold butter until sauce is smooth and emulsified.

Servings: 2
    Preparation time: 15 minutes
    Cooking time: 15 minutes

Recipe Type
    Sauce

Recipe Source
    Author: Valerie in Florida

Source: Recipezaar, 2009/07/22