Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry Brisket -- What's an Egger to do?

Options
UnConundrum
UnConundrum Posts: 536
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Make a brisket pizza ;)
[p]
BrisketPizzaEarly.jpg
[p]
I had tried something different with the brisket, and, well, the experiment failed. Wasn't bad tasting, just dry. So, other than letting Alf eat it, I had to come up with something different....
BrisketPizzaDone.jpg
[p]
At this point, I was too lazy to make a tomato sauce, so I did a white pizza with red bell peppers too:
WhitePizza.jpg
[p][p][p]

Comments

• GrillMeister
    Options
    UnConundrum,[p]Nice table though. Can you post a full pic?

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • UnConundrum
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Well, it's not done yet. I'm building it in an old smokehouse thinking it will be more usable in the winter... I don't have a deck or open porch. Here's a couple pics, but I'll post more when it's finished.... Making it with a butcherblock top.[p][p]
    EggHouse.jpg
    [p]
    [p][p]
    EggRoom.jpg
    [p]

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    UnConundrum,
    AMAZING! I love it. Keep updating the progress.
    Cheers,
    G.

• a stick
    Options
    UnConundrum,[p]Nice pizza, but more importantly WOW! That's a good looking table.
  • char buddy
    Options
    UnConundrum,[p]nice chateau, but the dog is cooler.[p]
  • ChefFubar
    Options
    UnConundrum,
    Yeah, forget the brisket! What a setup you have! Your photos, and ones I've seen from CarWash Mike make me extremly sad thinking about a post a couple of weeks ago from a guy asking about suggestions for heat insulating areas for a roof-top installation in some city somewhere.[p]What is the diameter of your pizza stone? Looks about right for the wife and I.

• UnConundrum
    Options
    Chef Fubar,
    It's the standard BGE pizza stone. I've owned others in the past, and actually use granite in my home oven for bread baking, but I found theirs to be thicker than the norm, and my dealer gave it to me at a great price.... LOL, I don't remember what it was, just that I was really pleased...

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    UnConundrum,
    I want to come visit now that you done gone and posted those pics. Cool looking place. Betchya it is quiet around there with lots of stars too.[p]Plus, I wanna see Alf again. I'd also like a good lesson on, not only the word "conundrum", but how and why you came up with the handle UnConundrum. Needless to say, vocabulary has never been one of my strong points. Struggling to digest the definition of Conundrum right now. Dang. Now I gotta go look up "conjectural." [p]It hurts to be dumb.
    Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    UnConundrum,[p]Simply eggciting and fantastic![p]I want one!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • UnConundrum
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    LOL, we'll leave a light on ;) You're welcome any time, we'll do some serious cooking...[p]I guess I never told you, but I own a computer related biz too. You do the graphics, we do the work under the hood, database, etc. So... when we were looking for a name, we came up with UnConundrum.... A conundrum being a puzzle or difficult problem, we "Un" them or solve the problems ;) Cute, don't you think?