Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Try this Grilled Chicken recipe...

Options
SyraQ
SyraQ Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/everyday-italian/grilled-chicken-with-basil-dressing-recipe/index.html

I was really happy when I found and then tried this recipe. It is delicious. Served it with Oven Roasted Ratatouille. Have made this combination twice and everyone has loved it. Try it.
Enjoy!

Comments

• Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Options
    Few details....What temp? Indirect or direct? How much time?

Thanks,
  • Midnight Smoker
    Options
    Babyray wrote:
    Few details....What temp? Indirect or direct? How much time?

Thanks,
    Directions
    Whisk 1/3 cup of oil, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, fennel seeds, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a heavy-duty re-sealable plastic bag. Add the chicken and seal the bag. Massage the marinade into the chicken. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day, turning the chicken occasionally.

Meanwhile, blend the basil, garlic, lemon zest, remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a blender until smooth. Gradually blend in the remaining 1/3 cup oil. Season the basil sauce, to taste, with more salt and pepper, if desired.

Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat or preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to plates. Drizzle the basil sauce over and serve

I would think direct.