Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Spatchcock Chicken - Wow

ShiffShiff Posts: 1,411
edited 7:01AM in EggHead Forum
I've been reading all the great posts about spatchcock chicken and finally got to try one tonight. I wish I had taken pictures, but didn't have the time.

Got a 5 pound roaster at the market and cooked it on a raised grid at 350 degrees (dome) direct for an hour and it was perfect. I've never had such a juicy chicken with both breast and thigh cooked correctly.

We'll definitely be doing one of these again.
Barry Lancaster, PA

• WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Direct spatchcock is hard to beat. You better take some pictures next time. :woohoo:
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    I have to agree with you about spatchcock chicken. Always turns out perfect. One of my favorite ways to do chicken.
  • rosrosrosros Posts: 408
    Hard to believe until you actually try one. hard to describe the taste to someone. The go yeah yeah its juicy yeah yeah. No idea until you show them. Those yeah yeah becomes yes yes.
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,411
    My wife says it is the best way we have ever prepared a chicken. She also liked it because the cooked bird was easier to serve than working with a whole uncut chicken like the beer can chicken we made a few weeks ago.
    Barry Lancaster, PA