Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket in Lancaster, PA

ShiffShiff Posts: 1,434
edited 11:52AM in EggHead Forum
I stopped today at the Stauffers on Rohrerstown Road and noticed that they had Brisket Flats on sale at $1.99/pound. They also had a couple of packer cut briskets for $1.59/pound - these had some trimming so they weren't excessively fatty. I bought one of the packers and they might have had more in the meat cooler.

They also have lots of Beef Back ribs - the butcher has a bunch in the meat freezer so you might have to ask for them. The last ones I bought were excellent - they were $2.99/pound.

You might want to call and ask if they have what you want and they can probably save it for you. You can call the store at 717-397-4719.

I have no financial interest in the store - just a happy shopper.
Barry Lancaster, PA

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Wish I was closer - seems like a good price.

GG
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Barry .... thanks for the info. I didn't realize they had packers. That store is really nice. I tried some of the prime aged steaks, pretty awesome.
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,434
    Actually, they rarely have packers. I spoke to the butcher (John) and he said that they were hard to get from their supplier. These were the first ones they had in a very long time.
    Barry Lancaster, PA