Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fire Starter Packets

USDA PrimeUSDA Prime Posts: 89
edited 11:48AM in EggHead Forum
Fire-Starter.gif

Ever try these? Been using them for a while now and honestly say they really do work well. They are ~2 inches square and burn for about 10 minutes. I use (2) two of them, one on each side (seems to get an even burn quicker). No sparks or burned aprons/shirts either. I get them at Kroger. If you don't have a MAAP torch or a plug-in electric starter and a chimney is a little too much trouble, these'll do just fine.

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 17,353
    I've also been using those for some time - though I only use one per fire. Previously Char-Broil made the same thing but they have either quit or I just can't find them anymore. Being waterproof they are handy to have around.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    I use them also the chabroil brand. Bought a buch at sears store closing. Will check out kroger and see if they have them in my area.