Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nature's Charcoal

Options
FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone used Nature's brand? I've read the Naked Whiz review, but I wanted some first hand responses. Our local Winn-Dixie stores have started carrying this brand. If it's any good it is a good thing because Cowboy has bit the dust here. It sure does have good reviews.

Comments

• CaptainJimmy
    CaptainJimmy Posts: 158
    Options
    i bought a couple bags of the hardwood blend (my pathmark carries 6.6lb bags of hardwood blend and mesquite, as well as royal oak paraguayan).

The hardwood blend has REALLY nice large chunks in it, and it lasts a long time. The only problem I found is when lighting it with a propane torch some of the pieces spark like crazy. Just find another piece to light in that occasion, it probably wont be as crazy sparky.

I liked it a lot, but since i now have easy access to cheaper and better lump (wicked good is about the same price, and superior to it, RO USA is about 1/2 the price) i doubt I'll be buying the hardwood blend.

Although i'm going to grab a couple bags of the mesquite next time im in pathmark...just for giggles.