Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to hold Butt

Options
CITYSWINE
CITYSWINE Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are having a party this Sunday, thinking of egging a pork butt on Saturday to make some pulled pork and have the egg free (now I know why everyone has multiple eggs) for ribs and assorted grilled veggies and corn on Sunday.

What is the best way to hold the pork till Sunday afternoon if it's done on Saturday?
Do i let it rest and then pull it or pull it the next day?

It's sitting in deep freeze right now, if I pull Thursday night and stick in fridge will it thaw by Friday night?

thanks

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Put it in fridge over night and reheat then pull when you are ready to eat.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I would pull it after a short rest, then store in the fridge and reheat the next day, adding a little BBQ sauce, apple juice, or Coke to retain moisture if necessary.

Or, as LittleSteven pointed out, you could try to get it done a few hours before your guests arrive, hold in a cooler for a couple hours, then pull and keep warm in a chafing dish or similar setup.