Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Results

Options
Nu-Guy
Nu-Guy Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
These are the venison steaks that I had marinaed for at least 24 hours. I did pull them out of the marinade bag and just let them cool in the fridge 'til the wife got home. The marinade I used was store bought, but very good. The brand was Mountian Man Marinade Sauce based in lower Michigan. Then, onto Mr. Big for a just a little Mr. Jack Daniels smoke. Let it smoke at about 230 degree fo about 25 min. then stoked her up to 450 degree for just a minute or so then shut everything down for a couple of minutes. Well, 'nugh said. These units were some of the best deer meat I've eaten. Tell you how tasty it was, Mrs. R had a big smile while she consumed her share of the hunt. Thanks to all you who helped! Green Rules...BGE

Comments

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    Nu-Guy,
    Yea it does give a new meaning to the words"GO GREEN". Good job Guy. What ever it takes to make the lady in your life happy. If all hunters cooked their meat on the egg they would probably get more hunting time from the wives. Course that would mean they would have to actually go out of the deer camp and shoot something. [p]MAC