Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Tenderloin

GrillMeisterGrillMeister Posts: 1,611
edited 9:57PM in EggHead Forum
Anyone ever cook one of those marinated pork tenderloins from Costco? They seem to be in the 2 to 3 lb. range, but are bigger than other pork tenderloins I've seen packaged in pairs or 3 packs, but not marinated.[p]I've got to cook it tonight, but am not sure whether to go direct or indirect with a drip pan.

Comments

• RyanRyan Posts: 243
    GrillMeister,[p]I recently cooked a couple direct and was very happy with the results. [p]Ryan
  • Ryan,[p]What temp & how long? I take it you turned it a few times.[p]Did you put any rub on it?
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    GrillMeister,[p]Pork tenderloins are a favorite around here. I do them direct on a raised grid for 30-40 minutes max (140-145 internal) flipping every 10 minutes or so at 300°-325° dome.[p]The one pictured below was one of the Hormel Honey Mustard pre-marinated ones and it turned out great...[p]pork-tenderlion.jpg[p]QBabe
    :~)[p]

• QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    QBabe,[p]OOops, try this...[p]pork-tenderloin.jpg[p]QBabe

• RyanRyan Posts: 243
    GrillMeister,[p]I marinated them overnight in olive oil, rosemary, lemon thyme, sage, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. I grilled them at 400-425 for around 20-25 minutes. I pull them off at 135 and let them rest for 15 minutes. Perfectly done... :)[p]Ryan
  • Ryan,[p]Thanks!