Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE scores big with baptism party...

Options
CaptainJimmy
CaptainJimmy Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did my daughter's baptism party today with my egg, and i did most of the cooking and prep yesterday. The guests were very very impressed with the egg and how good the Q was with it.

3am yesterday 2 7-8lb butts went on, 4pm they came off. We touched the dampers ONCE during the day, and it held 240 perfect all day long. i added a couple more fist sized chunks and some chips after the butts came off, and on went the V-Rack with 6 racks of baby backs. 9pm the racks were finished with the foil stage (i did a 3-1-frig-1-.5) and went in the frig.

This mornign i got up, and i still had half a firering of unburned coals.. (gotta love wicked good). I added some more charcoal and went at it again, and smoked up a dutch oven of beans and around 40 ABTs around the dutch.

I did find a use for my old propane chest smoker - I used the chest smoker as a warming oven to reheat everything while we were in church in foil pans (ribs stayed in the foil).

I think i'm going to bring the GOSM to the recycler, as I dont think i need it anymore. I didn't even fire off my weber genesis. The few burgers and hotdogs that people wanted (mostly little kids) went right on with the rib racks I was crisping up 3 at a time.

A few guests said 'congrats on the new baby' and were pointing at my Egg, not my daughter. HAH!

Some were saying "Boy that chest smoker makes some good pulled pork" and didn't believe me that it was all cooked on the big green egg.

Sorry no pics, too busy cooking and drinking to use the camera!

Comments