Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Had Goat? Apparently not baaaaaad!

BBQfan1BBQfan1 Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To all interested in Que related reading material (possibly to check out while your ribs/butts/briskets/brined chickens etc etc smoke away on the EGG), the yearly BBQ edition of 'Chile Pepper' magazine is on the shelves. Of interest to many on the Forum who are known to be fond of malted beverages with their 'que, there is an article on matching beers and barbecue. Also an article on a goat cook-off in Texas as well as recipes. Anyone ever tried cooking/eating goat before? Anyway the issue is dedicated to bbq and probably of interest to most on the Forum.

Comments

• BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Mississippi Delta blues man Othar Turner has a goat barbecue every summer on his farm. You can read about it here:[p]http://www.trewaudio.com/goat.htm[p]The recent cover story on Turner in Living Blues goes into much more detail. Harry Crews' writes about cooking a goat and pig in one of his essays in "Florida Frenzy."[p]I've har curried goat, but never barbecued (not yet - one of these days I'll try it).

• malermaler Posts: 3
    BBQfan1,
    I occasionally eat goat roti. (There's a great scuzzy-looking Trinidadian resto in Tampa.) Roti is a Trinidadian meal-in-a-flatbread, that consists of curried potatoes and meat.[p]If you've ever had strong tasting lamb, goat is like that only more so. I like it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.[p]Larry