Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chunk-o-eggfest-chest!

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
edited 12:34PM in EggHead Forum
Looks like this thing is gonna happen. Things are falling in place. Thanks to great tips from JJ, as well as some folks on SongDog's, I am clear on what to do for this 2 stage brisket, and have been reassured it will be nearly as good as if I cooked it just before serving.[p]Also, I am excited cuz I just received a package with plenty of Shake's killer sauce. This is special stuff, and will go great with da brisket.[p]On top of all of that good news, I called every "butcher" in the area. Out of every "retail meat" vendor in the yellow pages, I found only one that spoke English and had briskets. The guy was very knowledgable, and they can do just about anything. He can get me a whole, untrimmed brisket WITH A FAT CAP! I guess they aren't in much demand around here. Anyway, for those in the area, this place is called Springfield Butchers (you guessed it...in Springfield)[p]It was nice to talk to someone who really knows meat. It sounds like I could have a new buddy, who will fix it up so all at the fest can enjoy a chunk-o-chunk-o-chest. [p]Eggcited
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
·

Comments

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Nature Boy,[p]You are my hero. Don't be too proud, though, since I expect the title of "my hero" to be passed around after each tasting at E2K (Cat's ribs and turkey, Spin's pizza, said brisket, etc...).[p]Cornfed
    ·
  • Nature Boy,[p]
    Now that's what I call determination! Yowsah, a big ole chunk of cow for Saturday's cavalcade of goodies.[p]Regards,
    Jobu[p]

·
  • Nu-GuyNu-Guy Posts: 136
    Nature Boy,
    mmmmmmm, tell me where some individual might be able to obtain some of this "Shake's killer sauce" I'm a suckeer for a killer...

·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    I am definitely getting primed about E2K. To be surrounded by that many talented carnivores. I feel weak.
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
    Nu-Guy,
    Try this link. djm5x9 just ordered a gallon of it after trying it here while visiting. He charges $5 quart, $9 half gallon, and $17 gallon, plus shipping. By far it is the best sauce I have ever tried. Tastes good by itself, but the flavor multiplies with meat.[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
    Nu-Guy,
    Try this link. djm5x9 just ordered a gallon of it after trying it here while visiting. He charges $5 quart, $9 half gallon, and $17 gallon, plus shipping. By far it is the best sauce I have ever tried. Tastes good by itself, but the flavor multiplies with meat.[p]Cheers
    NB

[ul][li]Shake's BBQ Shack[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·