Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Minni Egg

disabledDKdisabledDK Posts: 64
edited 1:04PM in EggHead Forum
Hi eggheads,[p]can't find the post/pic about the raised grate with stainless hardware. Thanks for the help, DK

Comments

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    DK,[p]I don't think they are readily available. Chef Arnoldi fabricated one. Maybe he'll jump in a post a picture.[p]Smokey
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    DK,
    Here is a picture of one I had made for one of my mini eggs.
    Larry

[ul][li]Raised Grid on Mini Egg[/ul]
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    YB,[p]I'm totally sick of you posting that cool thing (I'm "green" with envy)! Gotta get me one of those![p]Smokey
  • YB,[p]Thanks YB, but if I'm in a hurry for tomorrows BUCS/CAROLINA game, do you think I can use ss bolts/washers/whatever? Thanks, DK

DK,
    Yes....Use 1 1/2" x 1/4" stainless steel carriage bolts...time to watch the Dawgs and Gamecocks....Ribs are cooked and in the cooler...My daughter is getting ready to cook bacon wrapped pickled watermelon rind and I have a load of wings with Raging River Rub ready to cook....Goooooooooooooooo Dawgs.
    Larry

Smokey ,
    See you soon...
    Larry

• YB,[p]I'll be right over! :)[p]Thanks, DK

• Mr BeerMr Beer Posts: 121
    elevatedrack.jpg
    <p />DK,[p]This picture is of an elevated grate that I made. Obviously it's not on a mini but the same concept can be used for the mini.[p]Beers,[p]Mr beer

• 3386765923232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3236%3E7%3B2%3E586%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232524867538nu0mrj
    <p />i made for my mini a platesetter for indirect cooking (so that chicken underside etc does not burn -do to the closeness of the lump)[made from 9" pizza stone]
    and as per YB's instructions had a 9"OD x 1.5" wide stainless steel ring made. I added bolts to the outside 120° appart, so as to center the ring within the mini, then i added the bolts so that i can adjust the hight - i found a 2" wide ring could be used.

3386765923232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3236%3E7%3B2%3E586%3Ewsnrcg%3D323248%3C%3B825%3A3nu0mrj