Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Veal Chops the t-rex way?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Gosh, I've read so much about t-rex style steaks. They sound delish! I wondered if I was gonna cook a veal-chop (bone-in), would you follow this method too?

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Darla,[p]Never done a veal chop, but I've used the 20-minute rest on several cuts of beef and pork. I did chicken breasts once with a rest, but didn't really see a big difference - I would have to do more experiments, but I just don't cook chicken pieces much--just mostly whole chickens the spatchcock way.[p]The tenderness effect from the rest seems to be most pronounced with beef, but there was some detectable difference with the other meats as well. I think that the effect is directly related to how the protein strands in the muscle are tied together and organized, and I imagine this is somewhat different for different types of animals. But I don't know the details there - sounds like a good research project though. [p]Give it a try - let us know the results.[p]TRex