Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

having problem with temp

Options
scoota
scoota Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've noticed every since I replaced my ceramic grate with metal one they have now, after 2 to3 hours of cooking, its hard to get my temp over 225 degrees. I think it may have something to with the smaller holes trapping the ashes.just want to if anyone else had this problem.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    did you put the bevel side down, if you put the bevel up it will trap more ash. some modify the grate lifting it up a quarter inch which adds an opening all around the perimeter which will get the temps up faster. ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Buy a wiggle rod from thirdeye or make one from a coat hanger bent about 3 inches from the end. Insert this through the open screen and poke up through the holes to push out any small pieces of lump or ash. This makes for better air flow which will cause the temperature to increase.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA