Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

after all the meat today was pizza day

Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had to much steak,shrimp and burgers the past two days it was time for a change.Three day dough with some extra cheese 1 1/4 puunds mozz and harviti mix.

001-36.jpg

Some shrooms.

002-25.jpg

Done with a tad of parma and fresh basil.

002-25.jpg

This was a little lower fat content then the beginning of the weekend.

Comments

• Darnoc
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Yum, looks great Bill. Less fat :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Yummy! my sauce is a simmering now, I did AZRP one day rise, 4 tsp sugar seems like a lot, we will see
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Darn Bill, that last photo did me in, I'd like a copy of that hanging on my wall but it would make me constantly hungry, that's a work of drool . . . er, I mean art!

Gator
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Pizza looks great!

Susan-please keep us posted on yours-I do not have great success with pizza. I cannot get the crust right....
  • Darnoc
    Here is a great start which I have modified in the past couple of years. This will be one of the best dough recipes out there.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=255286&catid=1

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Hi Stacy; I'm new to egging and new to the forum but have had some success early-on with pizza. To make it quick and simple, I buy fresh dough from the store, usually in the cheese/deli section. I did buy a pizza peel which makes things easier. I have done it both ways: precook the dough or not...both came out good. Putting corn meal on the pizza peel makes the difference in getting a fresh pizza (with stuff!) off the peal and onto the pizza stone (which has warmed up in egg; I think this makes a difference in the crust). I've cooked at about 400 with my plate-setter, legs up; stone on top. Crust has turned out good every time.
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Aunt Crazy wrote:
    Pizza looks great!

Susan-please keep us posted on yours-I do not have great success with pizza. I cannot get the crust right....

This is mine last night. I used all the dough & made a thick crust with dipping sauce. It was good not very pretty :blink: Maybe I will win the pizza tossing kit

DSCN3793.jpg
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Thanks all! I will keep you posted!

Hey, Susan--I think I need the kit :laugh: