Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tsunami Spin

otisdogotisdog Posts: 187
edited 6:12AM in EggHead Forum
I'm getting a spatchcock ready for this afternoon. I've rubbed it with Tusnami Spin and evoo. Does it need anything else? Never used this rub before.

Thanks

Comments

• EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Direct or indirect ? Every bit of info I can get will help for my EGG's maiden voyage this week. Have you used bacon before ?
  • otisdogotisdog Posts: 187
    Indirect. I'm a newbie but I've had some good results with chicken. It's pretty easy. plate setter in legs up dome about 375. I've only done 3 but skin was crisp and meat was moist each time. I'm adding cherry wood to the lump. Just my opinion, but I really don't think u need bacon in an egg. Lots of flavor as it is.
  • HolySmokesHolySmokes Posts: 446
    YES

you need one other thing, for sure!

'heat' :laugh: :laugh:

other than that, you've got it.
    I agree with your method too, and with
    the rub and evoo you're in good shape.

cheers
    HS
  • otisdogotisdog Posts: 187
    thanks
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Direct, raised grid, 350*, 55 min on a large.
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    It's probably my favorite rub. When I want to keep things simple, that's all I do, a little oil and some rub.
    The Naked Whiz