Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Brisket Internal Temp

Options
dayzed&confused
dayzed&confused Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had a brisket on the egg now for 14 hours. I wraped it in foil at 10 hours. Heres the question, the internal temp right now is 176 degrees and the egg temp is 227 degrees. Is it done or do I need a higher internal temp?
Thanks, Melvin
San Angelo, texas

Comments

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    You can raise the dome temp to 250 but I don't pull mine till internal 200. You're in the plateau now. Relax and enjoy. Don't forget to let it rest in an ice chest.
  • dayzed&confused
    Options
    Thanks man, that's exactly what I needed to know. That internal temp has been in the 170s for hours but I was afraid to raise the dome temp.
    San Angelo, texas
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Grand Oeuf Vert Posts: 1,631
    Options
    Just my opinion...Check it with a fork for tenderness. You might be done.
    Wrap it in foil again, towels and cooler and let it rest. Internal temp will continue to clime for a bit longer. We like a 175 internal in the GOV household. So it doesn't dry out.
    (...Ya, like a Canuck can tell a Texan how to do a Brisket. That's like a Texan telling a Canuck how to make Hockey Pucks...)
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    Melvin,

Do let us know how it turned out and with pictures if you can.
  • LCHoodlem
    LCHoodlem Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow, just wandering around looking for optimal Internal Temp and I found a fellow League City guy!

I am cooking my first Brisket I have a post with some pics. Hope you are still subscribing here.

Bert
    a.k.a. LCHoodlem