Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg or Noah's Arc

Options
PCO3
PCO3 Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two weekends ago I cooked for the Ohio State v. Washington game. Friday night at 9 pm I put on a brisket. I sealed my remote thermo in a zip lock back and the wire in plastic wrap. At midnight, the heavens opened up and we had three inches of rain in about 6 hours. A few months ago I read on the forum that a vent topper from Home Depot with a 6" diameter would fit great over the chimney of the Egg to defend against the rain. It paid off Friday night!!!! It is worth the $10 bucks I spent for the peace of mind. I heard it is really not necessary but I don't want to leave anything to chance when hosting hungry guests.[p]The temperature of the Egg stayed constant all night at 225 degrees and I was done at 7am. The only thing that is still drying out is my external thermometer on the Egg itself. It was about a 1/4 full of water in the morning and eventually emptied out.[p]I then turned it around and cooked 9 slabs of baby back ribs with my signature "Salute to the National Champions" rib rub.[p]Guests were very impressed with the results and couldn't believe how well everything came out given the adverse weather conditions.[p]I think I may try to turn my Egg into a boat and ride it down the Scioto River here in Columbus. Given its other abilities, it would surprise me if it actually worked! The Big Green Egg rocks!

Comments