Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Grillmeister--question and comment

Grillmeister,
I need to thank you for turning me on to the BGE. I was shopping online for another gas grill when my gift grill went out and I was at the gardenweb outdoor cooking site reading about the gas grills. Everyone was raving about a Costco stainless monster. I went out to look at it and I just did not like the looks of that big pile of steel. But, the people over there were really high on it so I thought I would go get one at the end of the week. Doing some last minute looking I saw you postings on the that grill and your comments about the BGE. I had thought that I did not want charcol because of the start times. When I found how fast the BGE start I decided to buy one. So on the Saturday that I was to go to Costco I instead went to the local BGE dealer and came home (literally and figuratively.) I owe many thanks for the good eating I have been doing over the last month or so. So thanks.
Now, about this feta stuffed loin you made. Could you describe the prep and cook--I have some folks coming over tomorrow and this is right up their culinary alley, and they are egg sceptics. Did you use a rub under the bacon, and how much feta goes in? [p]Thanks,
Lonnie

Comments

• Lonnie J,
    Check out the recipes on the BGE site under the heading for beef. We tried them not long after I got the egg, and they were delich.

• nikkignikkig Posts: 514
    coleslaw,
    It was a pork loin that he cooked, not beef. And I beleive it was a recipe he threw together, so I don't think it wouldn't be in the recipe section.[p]~nikki

• nikkig,
    Oops, I didn't realze that I was thinking of the Spinach Stuffed Tenderloin.....

• Lonnie J,
    Not sure how I missed this post. I posted the same question in a later thread. We've got hard to please friends coming over tonight and want to cook the same thing. Boccie did help me with a response and there is a recipe from Mr. Toad in the pork recipe section although not with feta cheese.

• Lonnie J,[p]Welcome to the world of egging! Boy, I head out of town for a few days and lots happens. I'm glad I could help!