Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wheels for Table

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought some wheels for the table I'm building for the egg I haven't bought yet. The wheels came today and look like they'll do quite well.

The tires are 5" diameter urethane, which is recommended in the McMaster catalog for concrete or brick. These have the incredible load capability of 315 pounds per wheel.

These are from www.mcmaster.com. They are called casters.

The swivel one is p/n 2426T54. I got two of these. It doesn't have a brake or lock, if you want one that does, that's the 2426T64.

The fixed one is p/n 2426T74. I bought two of these.

The overall height from ground to the top of the mounting plate is 6.25".

I've got the table-top and it's frame made, and the bottom table and its frame. Haven't got them joined together yet. One thing I'm doing is to cut a hole in the bottom table (bottom shelf?) under the future egg, or more precisely, under the paving stone that the egg will set on, so that if it does get hot there won't be any wood to char. There will be enough supporting structure around the periphery of the paver to support it, though.

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    And,your point is............? :huh:
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    What size are the legs ? 4 x 4s ? I just finished my table and had someone make me cups to fit over the 4 x 4's. The wheels were welded on. Then had holes drilled to put 10 x 3/4 Phillip Truss Sheet Metal Screws. I painted the bases (cups) with galvanized paint. It all came out good. My only problem is I didn't take into account the height of the wheels. I used the same size wheels. Sorry I don't have pics. I am computer stupid and my wife, the computer whiz, would kill me if I tried.

Gary
    Canoga Park, Ca.
  • 1. The point was simply to list some wheels so that anyone building a table can find decent ones, if they're building a table that will be moved around a lot.

2. The legs of my table was 2x4s, and only connect the top table to the shelf. They don't support the wheels - that's with a stack-up of 2x wood under the shelf to get to the right height.

Have a great Fourth, everyone!