Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Dallas area Eggfest!

hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
edited 6:33AM in EggHead Forum
Would there be any interest in an Eggfest in the Dallas area? Plano, to be exact. 20 miles north of Dallas. Just about halfway between OKC and Austin. Plenty of hotels . Southfork Ranch 5 miles away.

Comments

• edbroedbro Posts: 300
    Count me in. Are you a sponsor, or do you have one?
  • Sooner EggSooner Egg Posts: 578
    depending on the dates I would come from OKC, I missed the OKCfest because I was out of town on business so I'm looking forward to my first fest.....Dallas is about as close as this Sooner wants to get to Austin :whistle:
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    If there is enough interest, Elliots' Hardware would be the sponsor.
    Not sure of the date, prob. sometime in Oct. They don't want to interfere with Atlanta. Who would! LOL
    You will be ok, pun intended, here. The place is crawling with Sooners!
  • edbroedbro Posts: 300
    There used to be a map that showed where a lot of the forum members hailed from. I seem to recall that there were quite a few in this area. I know there are lots of dealers here so that tells me there are lots of users.

I'm in Grapevine but I traveled to the OKC Fest. So, I'd figure we could draw from quite a wide radius. Of course, you'd have to conflict datewise with the Austin Fest. Theirs was in Apr I believe.
    The new tentative date is the first part of November.Ever go to the British Emporium on Main St.?
  • SWOkla-JerrySWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
    I'm in, always lookin for an excuse to go to Plano.
    Come on down! Drinks are on me!
  • thillinthillin Posts: 33
    I'd drive over from Keller. And know a few eggers in the area that would probably go.
  • I'm in. Can probably round up a few folks from around here also ( about 10 eggers in our neighborhood!)
  • zipur74zipur74 Posts: 48
    im there!!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,612
    Add me to the list. My daughter lives in Frisco and thats very close.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Looking good so far! Do we have anybody that would like to cook?
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Would be a good excuse for me to see the parental units...and hang out with eggheads!
  • SWOkla-JerrySWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
    Oh, hell yes..I will be cookin!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • If I'm there, I'm cookin'!