Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I feel stupid - need a quick answer

Options
Cory430
Cory430 Posts: 1,073
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Due to a myriad of issues; I have some butts that aren't going to finish before I have to leave for work. They are at 170° now, can I finish bringing them to temp tonight?

Comments

• Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    Wish I had an answer but I don't!!! Curious to see what others say ... wishing you luck.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    You could pull them and slice them cause that is the temp you would want to do that at.

You could put them in a crock pot as you smoke flavor is in it already.

Depending on how long you'll be away. Ramp the temp back a bit and let it ride. I've had butts go over 200 degrees and they turned out fine. Up to 207, was it perfect? No but it was mighty tasty.
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    Looks like you are right in the middle of the plateau which would keep it at 170 for a couple of hours. If you cool it down and start out again, it's still going to be a long cook. However, this cut is a very forgiving cut and I wouldnt be surprised if you pulled it off. That's not an answer, I know. Scott
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    if you trust your oven, wrap it in foil and set it at 200 and go to work, bet it will be fine
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    I got 2 of them up to 185° I'll pull them. Gonna let the the other 2 ride in the oven at 200°. I'll let ya'll know how they come out :sick: