Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket while at work

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This morning, I got up and started a fire in the egg and slapped on a 7 lb. Prime Brisket from Costco at 6:30 AM. It had a nice coat of rub from Burtons Sausage in Burton, TX.[p]The temp was stable at 250 all morning into the afternoon, but with the dual probe Maverick, my alarm went off and my wife called me at work for advice. Well, today, she is now a certified egg watcher/adjuster. I came home, popped a beer and at 5:30 the Brisket was at 191 degrees.[p]Brisket2a.jpg[p]Since my inlaws had just arrived, I thought I'd have them experience the egg from the first minute. They're still raving about it.[p]Brisket2b.jpg[p]Needless to say, there is not much left. Now to get the pork loin ready.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• Mike in MN
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Dos Equis...my savorite! But, where's the lime?[p]Mike in MN[p]
    PS I think the in-laws will be very well taken care of!

• Mike in MN
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Never thought of doing a cook while I was at work. I couldn't rely on my wife to deal with the situation. (she's in and out, too involved with business) But, my 16 year old son would have been quite capable of managing the duties... as long as he was on one of his slow days from his lawn business.[p]Of course, he's back to school this week, so that thought is out until they start getting a day off here and there. I might have to try one of these "day cooks!"[p]Doing 3 racks of ribs tomorrow night after work. I'll start them right after I get home, and we'll have dinner at our regular time. (9:00 PM) They are prepped and ready, I took care of that tonight. [p]Mike in MN
    Mike in mn

• JK
    JK Posts: 93
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]What did you do when it 191*? Take it off and slice it? I cooked a brisket this weekend and took it off when it 190*, wrapped it in foil and a towel for 1 hr., then sliced. It was very tender and moist, but the foil, I think, because of the steam, resulted in a soft crust. I'd like the exterior more like steak, I think.
  • Bama Egger
    Options
    GrillMeister, Nice photo. Is that a medium or a large Egg?

• GrillMeister
    Options
    JK,[p]I took it off and sliced it right away. No patience to wait and it still disappeared very quickly. The crust from Burtons Rub was fantastic. Some day, I'll have some extra time to rest a brisket.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Paul,[p]That's my large that I bought last month. You can see how much fun I've had at the link below.

[ul][li]BGE Cooking [/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas