Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Important Question For Board

Options
lilaccityhearth
lilaccityhearth Posts: 142
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hi folks, some of you might have picked up by now that I'm a dealer. Is there a policy on the forum about mentioning if I'm having a sale or anything? I'm toying with the idea of a sale on accessories, but don't want to irritate anyone. One question I have is whether you think folks would respond to "25% off" or "15% off with free shipping"? Also we are becoming a BBQ Guru dealer and wanted to know your opinion on what control you would stock.

CyberQ II - nice price

DigiQ II - most features

ProCom 4 - Neat but pricey

Thanks for your time,

Mike

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    I am not to sure of what the policy is on here. I do know that Fred got a lot of flack when he tried to let people know about things. To bad we could not add a dealers forum like we have the O/T forum for support for the dealers. I know the eggs can not be sold on the internet, but maybe it would help people find dealers in their area and for us to direct people to. True there is a search feature on the egg site itself but this would be handy.and show us the educated, supportive dealers versus the ones that have a bag of lump and 1 egg that they can not tell you a thing about....
    (when you get the gurus in send me an email we are looking at getting one :)
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    heres the policy. i like seeing good buys but theres rules to follow and some get pretty upity about them. dont have a guru so which one i cant help you with. which town is your shop in
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=113&Itemid=164
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    We are in Rochester, NH
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    Which Guru control are you looking for? I have to order 5 to become a dealer. right now i think we are ordering (1) Procom, (3) DigiQ II and (1) CyberQ II.

We might at the Eggland fest quickly are you going to the Maine Comepition in Elliot on the 8th and 9th of August

Mike
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Hi Mike, I am sorry but I am drawing a blank :) And it is the DigiQ II that we were thinking about. Can we use it on a lg and a med or do we need to do something diff?
    and we won't be going anywhere till fall. we were lucky to get time to go to NH. LOL We are hoping to do Atlanta.
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    The adapter is the same for a med and large. So yes you could move it between the to eggs. Plus i will have to double check but i believe you can set this one up to watch to pits at the same time by adding a second fan and pit and meat probes. I would need to verify this first.

Mike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i usually do a trip late summer and again a couple times in the winter going that way, are you stocking rubs and sauces as well.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    a really bad idea to advertise on the forum. Fishless has the link. Read it. :angry:

Most dealers and distributors have been able to abide by the rules in the past.

You have never seen Dizzy Pig advertise.

You have never seen Grate Mates advertise.

You have never seen any advertising on this forum and I hope we never do see any. :angry:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    he's in rochester NH i think....

sorta on your way north
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    Options
    i think it was smart of him to ask.

i tend to be laissez faire about it, but it isn't my forum. and more importantly, i don't 'think' it's my forum either. hahaha

meaning, i wouldn't get irked if anyone posted their stuff. but i have seen the blowups in the past, and a few good folks feel like they aren't welcome anymore.

even when they don't advertise
  • stike
    Options
    he was the guy to the right of mr. and mrs. essexco, the tall dude with the tall built-in table. he kept a low profile about the dealer-thing.
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    I agree with Sundown
  • Mainegg
    Options
    AHHHA!! Neil really, really wishes I had not seen that TABLE!! LOL he is so sick of hearing about it :laugh: that was very very sweet! OK now I have a face in my mind.
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    stocking dizzy pig & denny mike's stuff
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    That is why i posted the question on the forum i really like the forum it is good info for my business good contacts and dont want to disturb that but i also want people to be aware of what i do and if i can help someone i am going to. I want to be part of this community. I think i can offer perspectives to thing that you might find interesting and the same way i can use the info that i get from this board to better my customers.

Mike
  • Sundown
    Options
    and follow the example of all of the other businesses associated with the Egg and stay in the background.

Let your happy customers do your "talking" for you.

Again, have you seen Dizzy Pig hawking his rubs? Have you seen Wicked Good Charcoal hawking their stuff? This list can go on for a long time.

You aren't any different than any other dealer when it comes to this forum, stay in the background.
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    The difference is they are manufactures of a product and not a dealer. I respect your opinion and will honor the rules of the board but we are not the same Wicked Good and Dizzy protect there dealers. I am a dealer for both and they make a an effort to protect there dealers.
  • Sundown
    Options
    do you ever see any dealers posting?
  • lilaccityhearth
    Options
    Should dealers be members of this board?
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    I agree with the others that announcing sales, bargains, etc. would be considered inappropriate by many.

But I think dealers can certainly be members of the forum. Just contribute in other ways - cooks, pics, suggestions, etc. There are several members who are also dealers, but we only find out indirectly from others who know them or through subtleties in their posts.

I expect you will be able to make valuable contributions to the information here.

You already state in your Profile that you are a dealer. You might want to add your city and state to that so people near you can email you and come by your business.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Yes there are several.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Absolutely! I wish more dealers would.
  • FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    Options
    I agree. It is very hard to find an interested dealer as it is. A bad one here would get outted. Agood one would find reinforcement. My old cigar board had a specific board for sales and dealers.