Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce

Options
porterhouse64
porterhouse64 Posts: 164
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found the Raspberry Chipotle sauce today at Wal-Mart.

I have been playing and tweaking a homemade Raspberry Chipotle sauce lately. Now this.

I am thrilled. A fraction of the time and cost. If I want more heat, simply add a couple of chipotles to the sauce and simmer.

Is homemade sauce worth the time and effort compared to bottled sauces?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    All the Sweet Baby Ray's are very good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Big'uns Carnivore Sauces are "da bomb". They are now my "go to" sauces for most cooks! :woohoo:

His new "Sweet" adds a nice dimension to the original "Robust" and hot "Chipotle".

If you haven't tried these yet, you should place an order. Small personal business with great service!

www.carnivorebbq.com
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Clark is correct: Big'uns Carnivore Sauces are very good. Have not had the sweet yet, want to try that one.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    We love sweet baby rays. but Tod's Carnivore Sauces are just special!
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    You can make your own if you are adventerous. However, there are many good sauces on the market. Tonight, in a pinch, I used Sweet Baby Ray's brown sugar sauce. It turned out good on BB's
  • anthonys735
    Options
    We use a lot of Sweet Baby Ray's... love it.

This tailgate season I plan on perfecting my own.
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    crimsongator wrote:
    You can make your own if you are adventerous.

I have a mustard/vinegar sauce recipe that I found that beats anything I have ever had out of a bottle.

I am still experimenting with homemade tomato based sauces. I not yet come close to Sweet Baby Rays.