Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

and so the great day of cooking begins . . .

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On deck for today: 5 lb 2-bone-in prime rib, 4 pork tenderloins, and 8 Italian sausages. Of course, it's raining here in Houston (thanks to Grace), so I've rigged an umbrella over the 3 Eggs - should be an interesting day of cooking.[p]Pics to follow later - have a great holiday everyone, and show us pics of what you cooked![p]TRex

Comments

• GrillMeister
    Options
    2_butts_finished.jpg
    <p />TRex,[p]It sounds like you're cooking for a party.[p]I know all about the rain. It rained all night here in Austin and I just pulled off two 7 lb. Boston Butts. They are wrapped in foil, an old towel and are now resting in a Coleman 16 quart cooler. The cooler fits a butt perfect and you could stack them 3 high. It's now my butt cooler.[p]I had some ash problems with B&B charcoal this morning, but then again, it could have been all the moisture. Thanks to a MAPP torch, I was able to stir the ash out and relight the remainder this morning around 9:30 with a down time of only 10 minutes. We'll see next time if rain becomes an issue.[p]We were supposed to go to a pool party, but it's rained out. At least we'll be pulling pork this afternoon![p]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    TRex,
    Sounds like mighty fine spread of food. If I rush, I might make it there before it's all finished! Can't wait to see the photo finish.[p]And to think, there's a bunch of folks who think that Labor Day means the end of summer and thus, the end of bbq season! If they only knew what we know!

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Shelby, You are so right about some thinking summer is over. The lake traffic at Lake of The Ozarks is down, golf courses down and the neighbors grilling. Well, forget that 1. I have more grills than the rest of neighborhood combined (all 10 houses).
    They wander over to look but never cook out.
    I really don't think they know what they are missing.[p]CWM