Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket last night

ShiffShiff Posts: 1,556
edited 9:20PM in EggHead Forum
We were having some company, so I decided to cook a brisket. It was a 6 pound flat (still haven't found a packer cut nearby).

I put it on at 7:15 AM (225-250 grid temp) and figured it would be done around 5. The temperature hit the plateau and just stayed there. At 4 PM I finally wrapped it in foil with some chicken broth and hoped for the best. The temperature finally started to climb and by 5:30 it was 200 degrees and tender. It was a little on the dry side, but I figure that is due to the brisket being a flat without much fat.

Company came at 6 and enjoyed the briskt.

Here is a picture at the start - covered in mustard and rub.
DSC06166.jpg

5 hours later
DSC06168.jpg

and finally being served. Not much of a smoke ring this time.
DSC06169.jpg
Large BGE
Barry, Lancaster, PA

Comments

• YetiBobYetiBob Posts: 60
    looks yummy - i usally give 2 hrs per pound for brisket. Often it takes less than that, but then I wrap it and cooler it. They seem to come out moist after a nice long rest in the cooler....
    In Maryland
  • Sooner EggSooner Egg Posts: 578
    nice cook, looks great :woohoo: thanks for sharing the pics with us
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,556
    I've cooked about 5 briskets and they have all come out tender, but not extremely juicy. All of them were flats of 5-8 pounds.

I'm going to renew my look for a packer cut and try that next time.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA