Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What kind and How too?? Beef Roast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all..
We are in the mood for BEEF!! I would like any suggestions and recipes for prime rib roast or other beef roast I can cook low n slow.
I have searched but seek the wisdom of the EggTABLE...
Thanks
Mike

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Carrera85,[p]So far, my favorite way to do prime rib is a recipe called "Kevi's King of the Roasts", which turns out sensational every time....[p]There are also two others listed on the post below, but I haven't tried them. Hard to do when the "king" comes out so well...you just don't mess with perfection![p]Here's a pic of mine...[p]prime-rib-slices.jpg[p]QBabe
    :~)

[ul][li]Kevi's King of the Roasts[/ul]
  • Thanks QBabe,
    Thats what Im talkin about!! That looks great!!
    Im a little green at this so what do I ask the bucher for exatly?? Can you find this at store chains??
    Im not a huge fan of hoarsradish..SP
    Will I notice this on the meat after cooking??
    TNX
    Mike

• QBabe
    Options
    Carrera85,[p]You're looking for a bone-in prime rib roast. If they are not out in the regular meat case, ring the bell and ask for the meat manager and then ask him if he has any in the back. [p]That one was a monster, about 8 lbs, and we had a good bit of leftovers which we foodsaved and put in the freezer. When we were ready to eat the saved ones, I put in the oven on a broiler pan with a little beef boullion in the drip section and covered with foil to keep it from drying out.[p]As far as the horseradish, it works kind of like mustard on ribs works. It flavors the meat but I didn't notice it being overpowering at all. [p]This was the first prime rib I'd ever done, egg or oven. It's an AMAZING thing![p]Here's another pic for you...[p]prime-rib-dinner.jpg[p]Enjoy!
    Tonia

• Birdman
    Birdman Posts: 66
    Options
    QBabe,What are the two sauces in the square bowls behind the great looking piece of prime rib?[p]
  • QBabe
    Options
    Birdman,[p]The recipe also had a horseradish dipping sauce included. The white one is that. The pink one was also a horseradish, but it was a beet horseradish (couldn't find regular once when I went searching, but found this one in the organic section of the store).[p]QBabe