Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ossobuco in Mango Ginger Habanero Sauce. My Best.

BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
edited 2:34PM in EggHead Forum
Last night we had our good friends Grace & Mike over for dinner.

DSCN4903.jpg

It all started with some simple toasted Vegetable colours..

DSCN4900.jpg

...followed by Alder Planked Strawberry Brie Crostinis....with fresh basil leaves prepared by my wife ...350* Dome...

RSCN4935.jpg
DSCN4915.jpg

....previously I had set 4 Pork Shanks on the clay pot with some red wine & a medium hot chili sauce...foiled it & on to the Egg at 290* Dome....'til 120* internal. Took the foil off & added the Mango Ginger Habanero sauce..tossed some cherry smoking wood chips & on to the Egg again at 400* Dome....'til the smell was just right...10-15 min...........

DSCN4944.jpg

.......the result was amazing.......

DSCN4917.jpg
DSCN4922.jpg

...tender...tender...tender......sweet & spicy with just a hint of habanero..medium hot......served just with mashed potatoes....the plate looks small... :laugh:

DSCN4923.jpg

....for dessert we had a Prosecco and Orange Sorbet Float...

RSCN4940.jpg

The girls enjoyed it tremendously......

DSCN4928.jpg

.........another great night at The Rocalla..........

DSCN4925.jpg
·

Comments

• AMAZING sounding meal ... every single thing sound like it is right up our alley .... where are you getting the pork shanks?? We've never tried them but talk about it often, never see them in my usual meat departments.

Joel
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    What great looking folks and food!! I want to do those crostinis. I've never seen alder planks here. Wonder where I would get them.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Joel, this time I got them in Sam's.....& the sauce in Costco
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    That is another perfect "10" Beli. You should have a show... :)
    ·
    Molly this I got from Little Steven...from Canada......sure you can get them in the US... ;)
    ·
    :laugh: :laugh: TKS Adam.....do you suppose we could include some table dancers on the show...... :laugh: :ohmy: :whistle:
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Beautiful Beli. Looks like your healing ok (I hope) Will you be making Atlanta again? Maybe we can share a cab :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    I can't see a down side to that. B) The ratings would be through the roof. "Late Night in Belis Egg"
    ·
    Pat............much better now TKS.....wouldn't miss Atlanta for the world.........I can think of a few more BLOODY things we can share with MARY...... :laugh:
    ·
    Sounds like a deal..... ;)
    ·
  • Interesting ... we have looked at Costco a lot as that is where we get most of our meat ... are they ever labeled anything else or do they always mark them 'shanks?'
    ·
    The sauce is at Costco...The Shanks are at Sam's...they come in packets of two...each one individually packed in a box measuring 8"long by 4 1/2" wide & 4 1/2" deep...
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Beli:

Great looking meal. I've never seen pork shanks either. Haven't been in a Sams or Costco. Looks like a trip is in order.
    ·
  • doccjbdoccjb Posts: 238
    That looks great. Holli and I want to become your friends and appear in the next pictures.
    ·
    My home is always open for my BGE friends......here is the last one.......Little Steven of course..... ;)

DSCN1010.jpg
    DSCN0995.jpg

Gosh...just realized this is my 4000 post... :huh:
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Beli, the ossobuco looks delicious........one of my favorite dishes. Congratulations on your 4000th post!
    ·
  • I was at Sam's today and didn't see any pork shanks there. Is it only in Mexico??

That looks wonderful, Beli. You have lucky friends!
    I'm glad you are feeling better.

I want some Bloody Marys in Atlanta!!

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    ·
    TKS Rebecca...............one of those not so common dishes that are relatively easy to cook....
    ·
    Faith, haven't looked in The States....but it might be just a México thing.....if you are interested....ask them....if it's already here....can't see why they don't have it over there......
    ·
    Tom The Brand they use in México is MEAT...as in meat hope you find them.....
    ·
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    Wow Beli! it looks amazing!
    When are we getting together?

cheers!
    ·
    Hey Pato TKS.....after this weekend any time you can my friend.....Saludos!!!!
    ·