Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Success and Other Stuff

Options
Citizen Q
Citizen Q Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last Saturday's surprise party for my dad-in-law was a huge success. 20 lbs of pulled pork and 12 lbs of 12 hour smoked turkey breast was more than enough for all the guests and had many leftovers to enjoy throughout the week. Also had $297 worth of booze leftover out of $340 purchased. Jewish people just aren't big drinkers, but they do appreciate good Q! That 12 hour turkey was fantastic, thanks again to whoever it was that posted it last week. (I just CRS these days and I'm too lazy to look it up) [p]Decided to do another 10 lb shoulder for the big family Clan Classic Golf Outing and Cookout tomorrow, so that's sitting on the Egg right in the middle of it's stall, should be ready to pull around 5 o'clock. I've got a good feeling, this might be the year that I break 100, but then again, it is rated as one of the toughest Par 3 courses on the Cape. Also picked up another 10 pounder for a friends end-of-the-summer bash next weekend. Great deal on the meat, 20 lbs for $14, a little TOO fresh though, hasn't even been cry-o-vac'd yet. Think I might do a mild brine on the second as it won't get smoked til Friday.[p]Paid a visit to the newly opened Back Yard Barbeque store in Hyannis yesterday. Was very impressed with the proprietor's enthusiasm for the BGE as well as his responsiveness to customer service. It seems that most of the sauces and rubs he carries are in direct response to customer requests, and he's got the full line of Hoboken Eddie's, great sauces if you've never tried them. I'm going to put him in touch with the guys from Wicked Good Charcoal and if you're reading this Nature Boy, don't be surprised if you hear from him too. They've got a couple of stores going now and it looks like they've got room to move as everybody grills up here in New England, more and more are discovering BBQ and the closest thing we've had to a BBQ specialty store has been your choice between the seasonal aisles at Sears and Home Depot with Loew's just jumping in over the past year. It's just shameful, American BBQ originated right here in New England, but then again it almost died here along with half of the Pilgrims that tried eating smoked lobster, quite poisonous don't you know.[p]Anyway's, Cheers and Good Q,
C~Q

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    demo5.jpg
    <p />Citizen Q,[p]Here's a pic from their website. Great place.[p]Serving pork to Jews? I've done it many times but you're not supposed to talk about it.
    [/b]
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ