Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brined Venison

Options
Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried it? thanks![p]Bama Fire

Comments

• Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Options
    Bama Fire,
    I asked this same question a little eariler here and if I remember right, Dr. Chicken said never brine venison. I do some venison steak in the fridge right now that is waiting in a marinade. I'll be egging the deer tonight!

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    Nu-Guy,
    I never brine venison, because IMHO it covers up the delicate tast of the meat! Deer is over cooked 99.99% of the time, and I think people in doing so, are trying to cover up the taste. We like our venison on the rarer side. Not totally rare, but definitely not all the way to medium! With very little if any fatty tissue in the venison, I would be afraid the venison would take up too much of the brine, and consequently dry out as it was cooked! Now understand, this is entirely my own thoughts! I have nothing to back it up, other than some "terrible tasting" venison years ago! I'm open to suggestions, believe me! If you've had other experiences, I'd like to hear them! Please e-mail me if you get a chance.[p]Dr. Chicken

• DTM
    DTM Posts: 127
    Options
    Bama Fire,
    You may want to try the linked recipe below.
    Regards,
    DTM

[ul][li]Venison Pastrami[/ul]