I'm thinking ahead to trying my first brisket this weekend and need a reality check on my plan. How does this sound? [p]1. Packer's cut of brisket, trimmed, with fat cap of 1/4 inch on the flat
2. Rub the night before with Willy's rub from Smoke & Spice
3. Next day, let sit for 45 min. before putting on Egg at dome temp of 250* with some pecan chips or chunks.
4. Cook at 250* dome temp until an internal temp of 190* (measured in the flat)
5. Wrap in foil and towels and place in a cooler for an hour.
6. Slice against grain and serve.[p]How does that sound? I've never had brisket either, so I'm really flying blind. Really looking for to it, however. Thanks in advance!