Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB?

Toronto James
Toronto James Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am planning a party Saturday and want to do a boned / butterflied leg of lamb.[p]How long, how hot, ...[p]As always any advice would be great.[p]Best,

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    leg-MPoole.htm
    <p />toronto james,[p]Chek the link for Balsamic/Garlic/Rosemary Lamb. The technique would probably be similar.

• BillT
    BillT Posts: 61
    toronto james,[p]One cook doesn't an expert make, but I have done one deboned leg of lamb. I didn't roll the leg but instead put the leg, hole running vertical, on the grill and cooked direct at about 325 for 45 minutes. I removed at 140 and let sit before carving. Best lamb I have ever eaten. The leftovers, and the bone (smoked), were used in a stew that was wonderful.[p]I sought help in how to bone from this forum but the butcher did it quickly and without charge so I can't help here.[p]BTW I did use a modified version of the afore mentioned recipe and would recommend.[p]Bill T
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    bonelesslamb.jpg
    <p />TJ:[p]I cook mine as Bill does in the 325º/350º range but pull it when the internal is about 125º resting in a glass pan covered with foil resting for about five minutes.[p]Many times I marinate the lamb in liberal amounts of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, crushed garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Other times a quick rub with salt and pepper is all I use. The lamb is rolled and placed in the preheated cooker. The nice thing about boneless lamb is that it slices easily. Left overs make great sandwiches.[p]For sides, in addition to the bakers, are Vidalia onions in the foil.
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    duck3.jpg
    <p />Scottie:[p]Here you go! Remember, low and slow! (smilie thingie)
    [/b]