Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi temp shrimp -- then toss with garlic and oil

Options
Prof Dan
Prof Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Stumbled on this by accident -- I made too much sauteed garlic and oil sauce for my pasta, so I mixed it with the already-grilled shrimp in a bowl just before serving. Seriously eggcellent.[p]The high temp shrimp is very easy -- just thaw and peel a bunch of frozen shrimp, mix it up with some season salt and lemon, and throw it onto a very hot Egg on one of those grill-topper things with the small holes. [I use some wood chunks, too; don't know if it makes a difference during a short cook.] Stir it around for a few minutes till it's pink, and they are done.[p]Then mix in your sauteed chopped garlic and oil. For two pounds of shrimp, I used about six cloves of garlic and two tablespoons of oil, sauteed on a low flame for ten minutes or so. That's a lot of garlic, but as long as my wife eats it, too, nobody gets hurt.[p]