Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My first calzone

Smokey BobSmokey Bob Posts: 74
edited 9:04AM in EggHead Forum
Calzone.jpg
<p />Here's my first attempt at a calzone - marinated artichoke & hot Italian sausage with mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesean cheeses.
Not to pretty, but sure tasted good.
What can I do to improve the looks? Possibly an egg wash?[p] [p]Smokey Bob

Comments

• nikkignikkig Posts: 514
    Smokey Bob,
    Looks good. To improve the looks....Do not put any holes in it, that way your filling stays inside instead of oozing out. When it is done, brush it with a light coating of garlic butter and sprinkle with some parmesan cheese.[p]~nikki

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Smokey Bob,[p]Looks good to me. One way to improve it would be to send a few this way! Good cookin'![p]Smokey

• Smokey Bob,
    MMMMM, looks good to me. If the calzone had flavor to match the looks, then I'd say you found a keeper & this will be a regular around your house.[p]I appreciate the picture![p]Banker JOhn

• Smokin' ToddSmokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Smokey Bob,[p]That truley LOOKS AWESOME! I really dont see anything wrong with appearence and i am one who "eats with eyes". I guess maybe a higher temperature would make it look "more done"...but I wouldnt want to change much. WHat time/temp did you use?[p]ST
  • Smokin' Todd,
    450-500 f dome for about 14 min.[p]SB