Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Making Ribs

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have decided to make ribs today. Now I know none of you find this to be remarkable, but there is actually one remarkable thing. In all my years of fame and glory in egg cooking...I have not once..never...EVER..made ribs.

This will be the day. I'm just..in the mood.

Will report back. I mean, shoot, if Carwash can make the damn things, I sure can..right? Right? :kiss::kiss:

mShark

Comments

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    Go for it Molly. I know Pike's Peak will help inspire you to cook wonderful ribs. Let us see how they turn out. My indoor chef keeps flipping through the books here. We have yet to go to the store so I don't know what is planned. I plan on doing ribs possibly Monday or Tuesday.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    CWM has a pretty good jump start on you but you may be able to catch up if you really work hard LOL

Spring "My Neighbor Is The Neighborhood Rib-King Now" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    Good luck with the ribs. I'm making ribs for my kids today. It should be the other way around on Father's Day. :lol:

Cheers,

BeerMike
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Sure Molly......I know you got all the basics....1) remove membrane 2) mustard + your rub 3) fridge a few hrs. 4) low 230-250 temp 5) spray every hr. with vinegar + apple juice 6) turn ribs on rib rack about halfway...7) lay them flat the last minutes & add your BBQ sauce....Carnivore perhaps?? Good Luck
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Should be a breeze for a "seasoned veteran". :woohoo: :woohoo:

Mike