Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Zippy forgive me

WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
edited 11:44AM in EggHead Forum
I made a pizza with store bought crust. :(
I had some pulled pork so I made a pork bbq pizza. Remembered seeing one made by Zippylip and it looked great. Tasted pretty darn good!

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Comments

• ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,613
    store bought or otherwise, that thing looks delicious, is that Carnivoure bbq sauce on there, I find that the Robust is the best sauce going for Pizza
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    I used all my robust when I took pork to work. I have to call Todd and get more. I had to settle with famous dave's.
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    How do I get that sauce? My poor memory says Big-Un.
    carnivorebbq.com
    yes, go to Todd's website, carnivorebbq.com I believe
    happy in the hut
    Did you try the hot or sweet yet? I'm thinking of trying some.
    You Pa guys really know your stuff. I lived near Phili for 2 1/2 years and met my wife there. I would do about anything for another cheese steak and a 12er of Yuing Ling (sp?)
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    That's a pretty good looking pie.....my friend...guaranteed to fill you up.... :P
    Adam, a good buddy of mine moved to Minnesota about 6 or 7 years ago, every time he comes home he stuffs himself with cheesesteaks & hoagies & a host of other local favorites

Dale, I have the Robust & the Chipotle, I haven't gotten a bottle of the sweet, but tasted it in Ocala in a shrimp dish that Todd made that was fantastic, on pizza I would go with the Robust, I use the Chipotle for Doobers & such
    happy in the hut
    Yea that's good stuff. I like the black & tan with a cheesesteak. Hard to beat.
  • GeoduckGeoduck Posts: 76
    Dale, that looks like "feet" under the pizza stone...what are they and why? THANX

Newbie Susan
    Doobers? Sounds illegal. :woohoo: But you know more about that than I do.
    They are feet. I heard it's good to have some air flow between the platesetter and the stone. whatever works.
    Amarroso rolls!!!!! My mother in law has been known to send them as well as Tasty Cakes.
    whereabouts is she from
    happy in the hut
    Okay now I remember. They looked awesome. Guess I'll order some carnivore. Is the sweet as sweet as Blues Hog?
  • BeerMikeBeerMike Posts: 233
    I use this exact same setup for pizza. Awesome looking pizza!
    IMG_0119.jpg

Cheers,

BeerMike
    I think it's time for another beer!  Beer drinking (legally) since 1984
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs
    Sold small BGE and 3rd and 4th large BGEs (at wife's request....sad face)
    Waunakee, WI
    Chestnut Hill but not in the HUGE shacks.
    Thanks Mike. It hit the spot!
    Not real sure, have only had one bottle of Blues Hogg, & it was the honey mustard, sweet, but real tangy, spectacular sauce. I have a bottle of the red I haven't used yet though, just waiting for inspiration
    happy in the hut
    Keeps the heat from transfering through all the stone. Sounds like GeoDuck doesn't have them under his Egg. Might want to get a couple sets of them, depending on your setup. My dealer gave me 6 for nothing when I asked if he had any. He treats his top sales guy quite well :) .
  • the cheese looks like a flower!...